Are you into the embroidery designs for home decors and other purposes? If so then the best chain stitch sewing machine is just what you need to make your projects better than ever. You can now craft amazingly beautiful embroidery designs using the chain stitch sewing machines which are faster and more efficient than the traditional way.
The chain stitching machines are also required for hemming, seaming, sealing, and some other works in the professional industries. As the chain stitch machine is not that common like the straight stitch or lockstitch, it can be a little tough to select the right product as per your requirements.
If you are thinking about purchasing a chain stitch machine, then take a while to go through the write-up. In today’s passage, we will make you familiar with some of the best chain stitch machines which are dominating the market with excellent performance and impressive efficiency.
Top 5 Best Sewing Machines for Chainstitch Reviews in 2021
The below-mentioned chain stitch machines have been nominated based on our in-depth research by considering a variety of aspects of the device. We have chosen the product based on the stitch quality, versatility, previous customer reviews and such other factors. Check out the detailed reviews of the chain stitch machines from below:
Juki MCS-1500 Cover Stitch and Chain Stitch Machine
Juki is a well-known name in the sewing machine industry for its top-notch products. The Juki MCS-1500 is one of the best-selling products of the manufacturer which got a lot of impressions from the consumers for being a decent-performing machine.
What we loved most about the machine is its versatility. You can use it for a variety of applications including sleeve cuffs, necklines, simple hemp, and much more things. As a stitching stretch, it offers amazing stitch on stretch fabrics. It is also suitable for most types of fabrics out there.
Moreover, the Juki chain stitch machine equips a chain stitch mechanism which means lower threads form a chain from the wrong side of the fabric. It means the stitch will be pretty strong and it can be an ideal choice for the stitching on the side seams and waist of the pants.
The stitching machine is also very easy to use. It includes a presser foot lifter on a balanced position, letting comfortably insert the fabric on the start every time. Lifting the presses is also easy; you can rise the presses 10mm by simply raising the presser foot to the first position.
The Juki MCS-1500 can lodge four spools of threads and three needles at the same time. More so, it can stitch in any direction on the fabric. It also features an adjustable differential feed for easy and smooth sewing always. If the budget suits, you can go for it without any further thoughts.
Juki MCS-1500 Cover Stitch Features:
- Versatile cover and chain stitch machine suitable for various applications.
- Ideal for the stretch fabrics, hems, sleeve cuffs, necklines, and others.
- Easy and comfortable to operate press foot lifter for press lifting on various levels.
- Accommodate three needles and four spools at a row.
- An adjustable differential feed with quality sews finishes on various fabrics.
- Durable and well-engineered machine.
- Built for versatility and ease of operation.
- Adjustable features to suit your needs.
- Ensure precise feeding with included guidelines.
- The assembly procedure may be a minor issue for some consumers.
2. Janome CoverPro 900CPX Coverstitch Machine
The Janome CoverPro 900CPX Stritch Machine is a professional-grade sewing machine that arrives with a nice array of features. The machine features a seam tightening system (STS) that ensures the perfect quality of tight, smooth, and durable stitches on different types of fabrics.
Producing the perfect looking hems with the Janome CoverPro 900CPX is pretty straightforward with the Janome CoverPro 900CPX machine. It includes a thread guideline which you can easily access by removing the storage compartment. There is also a smoothly rolling slide adjusting the tension.
The Janome CoverPro stitch machine can offer one needle and two threads stitch or two needles and three cover stitches. It can produce a speed up to 1000 SPM. There is also an extra-large bed space for accommodating the fabric comfortably. You will also get a softcover included in the package.
One thing that impressed us most about the beautiful machine is it is pretty easy to set up even without prior experience. If you are running a small sewing business, then the Janome CoverPro 900CPX can be an optimum choice as it offers professional finish and is available at a pocket-friendly price.
Janome CoverPro 900CPX Coverstitch Key Features:
- Features Seam Tightening System (STS) to reduce slack on the thread loop.
- One needle – two thread chain stitch, two needle- three thread cover stitch.
- Produce speed up to 1000 SPM with a 0.5 to 2.25 feed ratio.
- Include Wide and Narrow Elastic Gathering Attachment with the Machine.
- Include threading guideline and slide adjustable tension.
- Innovative design with powerful functionality.
- Ideal for small or home-based sewing businesses.
- Impressive 1000 SPM sewing speed to make your job done quickly.
- Super easy to use with included guideline and adjustable tension.
- Putting it together is also pretty straightforward.
- May skip stitches sometimes on the thick cross seams.
- May not perform well to produce narrow hems.
4. Reliable 4900SC Single Needle Double Chainstitch Machine
The Reliable 4900SC single needle chain stitch machine is a powerful machine that can be an excellent choice for high loads of work. The versatile machine features a powerful single drive motor which operates quietly but ensures the optimum power and efficiency for your sewing job.
The Reliable 4900SC sewing machine is specially optimized high elastic fabrics where you require a powerful two thread chain stitch. It is also suitable for a variety of other light to medium weight fabrics. The robust single drive motor can produce up to 5000 RPM, which means amazingly faster sewing speed.
In the Reliable 4900SC machine, you can enjoy a clear view of the looper for threading. Besides, there is a built-in release mechanism, letting you easily remove the materials as required. One unique feature of the sewing machine is the built-in LED light which offers enhanced visibility and reduced glare.
Another excellent feature of the Reliable 4900SC is its automatic lubrication system. There is an oil-window on the top that lets you acknowledge that the pump is operating efficiently. The table stand included with the machine is 100% plywood and the legs are made of tough steel to ensure durability.
4900SC Single Needle Double Chainstitch Features:
- Powerful single drive motor-operated double chain stitch machine.
- Suitable to work on a variety of light to medium weight fabrics.
- Produce up to 5000 RPM sewing speed and 1.4 to 4 mm stitch length.
- A Built-in release mechanism for removing the materials easily.
- Built-in LED lights for increased visibility and reduced glare.
- Include a durable plywood table stand with high-quality steel.
- Effortless operation with a powerful and quiet motor.
- Produce strong two threads chain stitch elastic fabrics.
- Easy removal of the materials with a built-in mechanism.
- A smooth and clear view of the threading.
- Well-designed and durable table construction.
- Moving the device will be pretty hard because of the higher weight.
- It is not a suitable sewing machine for heavy fabric.
5. CoverPro Coverstitch Machine
The CoverPro Coverstitch Machine is another outstanding product from the Manufacturer Janome. Like the other device from the Janome, it also features the fantastic spring-based Seam Tightening System (STS), helping you to produce perfectly strong and flat stitch even on the thickest fabrics like denim.
As most of the CoverPro sewer machine users, it is one of the most user-friendly sewing machines out there. It supports effortless changing of the needle position to get different types of stitching on the cloth. More so, there is a spacious sewing space to easily stitch and cover-stitch on anywhere on the fabric.
The presser foot lifter on the CoverPro machine is also well-placed to let you utilize it without taking the eye off or changing your physical location. Moreover, there are conveniently positioned dials to change the stitch and width length with ease. The machine equips Schemetz 705, a sturdier industrial-grade needle.
You will get a variety of accessories with the Machine which includes seam and hemming guide, multiple presser feet, elastic attachments, screwdriver, needles, tweezers, needle threader, and others. We recommend this sewing machine for perfectly crafted and professional sewing and ease of uses.
Key Features of CoverPro Coverstitch Mc:
- Include Janome’s patterned Seam Tightening System to control tension.
- Color-coded and user-friendly looper thread the device easily.
- Well-positioned presser foot lifter which is easy to access.
- 25 years warranty of mechanical parts and 2 years for electrical mechanism.
- Produce up to 1000 stitches per minute and it can utilize up to 2/3 threads.
- Well-engineered machine optimized for convenience and ease of use.
- Obtainable at a low price when compared with the same product from competitors.
- High-speed sewing to make your sewing job done quickly.
- Different features can be easily adjusted to customize the performance.
- Large bed space to conveniently work on most types of fabrics.
- May not be a suitable choice for beginner users.
- You can only utilize the specific model of needles.
6. NKOK A2213 Singer EZ Stitch Chainstitch Sewing Machine
The NKOK A2213 Singer EZ Stitch machine is an amazingly beautiful sewing machine that is designed for the kids and beginners. The professional-grade sewing machines may offer versatile performance but they feature a pretty complex functionality. It includes easy to operate features for those who want to start practising sewing.
The NKOK A2213 stitch machine is a suitable choice for any beginner or kids as it includes an on/off switch and foot pedal along with a hand wheel for easier and smooth operation. One thing we like most on the sewing machine is its protective needle cover which comes as a great help to guard the little fingers.
The spool compartment is also covered and transparent so that you can see how much bobbin is remaining. Even though the machine is pretty compact, it can impressively hold up to three spools of thread for long-term working experience. You will also get a measuring tape additionally with the device.
The singer chain stitch machine features a threaded needle, making it easier for the kids and beginners as they don’t need to struggle to thread. Besides, the needle is made of plastic, ensuring full security for the soft and inexperienced hands. You can consider going for a beginner-friendly machine to start the sewing journey.
NKOK A2213 Singer EZ Stitch Mc Key Features:
- Kid and beginner-friendly chain stitch sewing machine with easy functionality.
- Protective needle cover and plastic needles to ensure the safety of the little hands.
- Accommodate up to three spools for long-term working without changing.
- Features impressive working lights, foot pedal, and spool compartment.
- Operated by 1.5 V LR6 AA battery and including turn on/off switch.
- Licensed by Singer and meet all the safety standards.
- Extremely easy to use without any complex functionality.
- Plastic threaded needle for easier and safe working experience.
- Lightweight, portable, and perfect for starting sewing learning.
- Available at a cheap price.
- Some customers find cheap plastic construction unreliable.
- May not be safe for a toddler due to choking hazards.
FAQs About Chain Stitch Sewing Machine
The below-mentioned questions may arrive in your mind while purchasing a chain stitch machine:
Which machine is used for doing chain stitch?
There are specific sewing machines for doing chain stitch in the market. Some of the popular manufacturers of the chain stitch machine include the Juki, Janome, etc.
How does a chain stitch machine work?
The chain stitch is formed by sending the needle down through the material and it creates friction on the thread against the fabric. The friction assists in creating a small loop underneath the fabric which is caught by another circular needle to form a chain stitch.
What is the difference between chain stitch and lock stitch?
In the chains stitch, the loops are like they form a chain by utilizing two or more sets of threads. Chain stitch is mostly used in the production of the seam and outseam of elastic fabrics like trousers. Besides, the lock stitch is formed by using two threads locked on each other and used for the collar, pocket, undergarments, etc.
What is the use of chain stitch?
Because of the characteristics of the chain stitch, it is used for a variety of embroidery designs in various cultures like Iranian Rasht work, Kashmiri numdah, Central Asian suzani, etc. It is used for hems, seams, and such other things in the industrial sewing sector.
How do you start and end a stitch on a sewing machine?
You will need to start the work by creating a reverse stitch or backstitch. Then put the cloth on the presser foot in the seam’s end and then create 3 stitches forward. Again, take three stitches back on the same line. Then you can continue sewing in normal order by releasing the lever.
What is the strongest stitch?
Though the chain stitch is pretty strong, the straight stitch is considered as the strongest type of stitch. It is pretty hard to tear and mostly used with the polyester or nylon thread for superior durability.
As you are now familiar with the best chain stitch embroidery machines, it should not be confusing to decide which one will suit you the most. However, if you still can’t decide, we will recommend you to go for the Juki MCS-1500. It is the best product in the market with enough versatility and convenience for both individual or professional uses.